Mathematics Student Information
Mathematics and Calculator Help
- Mathematics Clinics for help with homework in calculus and statistics
- Help with the TI-89 and TI-92 calculators (PDF)
Mathematics Course Planning Aids: Requirements, Contracts, and Course Availability
- IMaP (PDF) : Form for submitting an Individualized Mathematics Proposal for mathematics major. Must be used by students graduating after 2009.
- Mathematics and Education Requirements for Secondary Math Education at St. Olaf College (Math major with secondary mathematics teaching licensure.)
- Math Ed Course Requirements in an IMaP(PDF) : How mathematics requirements for teachers fulfill almost all Math Major requirements.
- Mathematics Course Planning Guide (PDF): Summary of mathematics courses, their prerequisites, and when they will be offered in the next three years. Print this guide and use it for your planning.
Combining Mathematics with Other Areas: Sample Schedule Plans
- Mathematics Education: Sample Four Year Plans for earning secondary school mathematics teaching licensure as part of your Mathematics Major.Talk with Mathematics Education director Martha Wallace to personalize one of these plans to your own situation.
- Mathematics and Statistics: Sample Four Year Plans show how easy it to add a Statistics Concentration to most Mathematics majors. Includes a sample plan to include a Statistics Concentration in a Mathematics Education schedule. Work with your advisor or mathematics and/or statistics professors to personalize one of these plans to your own situation.
- Mathematics and Economics: Sample Four Year Plans for combining Mathematics and Economics Majors, possibly to include a Statistics Concentration. Includes a plan to fulfill Secondary Mathematics Teaching requirements along with the two majors. Work with your advisor or mathematics and/or statistics professors to personalize one of these plans to your own situation.
- Mathematics and Physics: Sample four year plans for combining Mathematics and Physics majors.Includes a plan for Physics Graduate School bound students. Work with your advisor or mathematics and/or physics professors to personalize one of these plans to your own situation.
Summer Research Possibilities:
- St. Olaf Summer Research Page Opportunities for students in mathematics and the sciences
Careers in Mathematics
Mathematics Section of the St. Olaf Catalog
Mathematics Majors' Handbook (PDF) : This is a preliminary version of the Handbook, which is in the process of revision.